Monday 4 April 2016

               Afridi steps down as captain but won’t retire


Shahid Afridi has decided not to leave the T 20 internationals after Pakistan's World T20, but resigned Captain format.
"Now I want my fans in Pakistan and around the world to give up the captaincy of Pakistan T20 team itself," Afridi said in a statement. "I would also like to announce that InshaAllah I want to continue to play for my country and cricket leagues, etc., and I ask my fans to continue to pray and support me as long as I play for Pakistan or for any other major league teams in the world
After the World Cup in 2015, Afridi, 36, announced his intention to retire from international cricket after the World T20 in India. Earlier this year, however, he said that he faced "enormous pressure" to family and friends who do not.
Afridi was sharply criticized as Pakistan's leader after poor performance in the recent Asia Cup and World T20. Pakistan won only eight games of these two tournaments against the United Arab Emirates, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
Subsequently, the report of coach Waqar Younis said that the players "felt confused by the fact that the captain told them that" Intikhab Alam said the manager of the team captain Afridi was "absolutely no idea".
Afridi was replaced as captain Mohammad Hafeez T20 in September 2014, he won 11 of 24 games at a time. Its shape handle and bowling also recently lowered. Over the past 12 months, he averaged 14.61 with the bat and 34 with the ball. In general, he led Pakistan in 43 games, won 19 and lost 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment