Wednesday 20 April 2016

                  Inzamam-ul-Haq Appointed Pakistan Chief Selector


Inzamam-ul-Haq was appointed head of Pakistan selector. Former Pakistan captain, Inzamam was the chief coach of Afghanistan in October 2015 and is contracted by the Afghan Cricket Board until December 2016 PCB, however, asked the DIA was relieved of his initial contract.

This is the first time Inzamam as a selector; He has worked as a consultant in Pakistan was beaten for a short time in 2012-13. PCB does not set a fixed time for Inzamam mandate. He led the group that includes former batsman opening Wajahatullah Wasti, Tauseef Ahmed, in offspinner, who played 34 Tests and 70 ODIs and seam bowling Allrounder Wasim Haider, who played three ODIs and more than 100 first class and the 'A play list.

"I played a lot for Pakistan, but this is the first time I came [as a selector] and PCB has given me such a great responsibility," said Inzamam. "I want to thank the ACB, which allowed me to make the national debt. Three selectors should be involved in first-class cricket and [we have] a fast bowler, spinner and another striker, so that you can cover three areas."

Inzamam appointment comes on the heels of some changes in Pakistan cricket. His former teammate Waqar Younis team resigned as manager on 4 April, the day after Shahid Afridi T20 abandoned his captain. This shake-up is the result of the poor in Pakistan in 2016. They lost the T20 and ODI series in New Zealand in January. They lost two of four matches in Asia Cup in February and T20 T20 World, as a result, have lost three of four games. In both tournaments, they can not do so after the first round.

Reports on the implementation of Intikhab Alam and Waqar team manager made some points related to the selection. Waqar proposed chief selector "must be someone who played cricket and the new time has a positive vision," Inzamam and recommended for use.

Pakistan's next assignment is a full tour of England - four tests, five ODIs and a lone T20i - since July. Inzamam has warned not to expect immediate change.

"We have to be patient, do not expect in the near future. I'll see the players before, Inshallah, you will see changes in the near future. I am here for the national office and not leave," he says. "To choose a team is a very important thing that should be done by a certain cricketer, I will try to do their duty. And" the beginning, I do not have a magic wand, it will take time to be technical issues and other problems that we see.

"I can not talk about the final selection committee, but you need to make a pool of players and guide them and spend time with them. When you make changes, you encounter a problem, but we are lagging behind the order in which we create a pool of players."

Inzamam highest level of performance earner of Pakistan in ODIs with 11.701 runs in 375 matches, and their third highest in tests with 8829 runs in 119 games. He was also one of the most outstanding officers of the country and as a selector, he wanted to make sure that the captain remained the "main man".

"I'll try, and I also hope that I was allowed to work freely," said Inzamam. "My role is different when I was a captain, I used to give my suggestion. Now, I have them (captains) will listen to too much of what they offer. When I was a captain, I used to keep my word. Captain's main man . like how I used to give my suggestions, I attach great importance to the fact that we say the captain and coach, because they are the people who matter in the soil. "

Pakistan bowling coach Mushtaq Ahmed, who was resting in the Asia and the World T20 Cup, will take on the role of the coach in the National Academy of cricket in Lahore.

No comments:

Post a Comment